So amazing and he relpayed so fast and and sorted out a problem i had. this is a real good addon i had a lot of new plays and these changes made it real good for them as they could see the effect on there sheets so they know they were there 100% you should get this
This document it's a little gem, full of exceptional modular content easy to implement in the game. If you are planning to do an Icewind Dale or an artic-themed campaign, or even just a survival-horror themed campaign, these expanded rules would definitely make your game feel next level.
Excellent resource which has helped me immensely. This text provides depth to some areas of the campaign guide which lack complexity. Great ideas for creating underlying conflict in the game, expansion of the known world, lots of tables for god-god conflict, expansion of the world, and so on. I highly recommend this to anyone running MOOT.
Like others, I will be using this as a zero session/1st session to set the mood and enviroment in Icewind Dale for Rime of the Frostmaiden. It is a great little adventure, full of intrigue, horror, combat, dialog and interaction. The skill challenges are great and overall it is well thought out. I will say that the part which describes the Lamed Wolves and the "Wolves" as well as the Ice Sprites could have been a little better written as it seems that the first encounter with the Ice Sprites swarm happens both before and after the Lamed Wolf ambush.
I will need to do some tweaking with the sunlight at the end due to the twilight in Icewind Dale currently and a few other areas. I'm also thinking about having the Lynxal stay with the group as they head into Icewind Dale, but not sure yet. Overall, I highly recommend this adventure, thank you Author for this great content!
P.S. As a side note, the crossing of the Feywild helps to answer why one of my characters (a S...
Over 30 pages of amazing Homebrew content that is going to bring my Icewind Dale game to the next level. Expands on numerous rulesets from the DMG and other 5E DnD resources to make the artic enviroment and horror theme more engaging for both the DM and players. It covers Wilderness Survival, THe Environment, Rules for Resting, Environmental Hazards, Horror Homebrew, and numerous Random Encounter Tables all from the Dungeon Coach. This gentleman makes amazing Youtube content and backs it up with PDFs that are on another level....
Tightest implementaion of this concept I've seen - wizards-level writing (as someone who spends a lot of time with FFG's RPGs, that is a compliment). With the very professional presentation and art this wouldn't be out of place in an official expansion. I think it kind of 'gets' the way DnD does its classes - as archetypes that come to life in their implementation, rather than specific professions in the lore; this is something that other custom classes sometimes miss the mark on. I especially like the thought given to the *Occultist* variant. I imagine it'd be easier to say 'of course you can't multiclass into being a ghost', but turning the class into a kind of spirit beastmaster is a good way to resolve this without limiting creativity.
I'd recommend this to anyone interested in this concept, or who has a player who is more interested in supporting other players to do great things in combat rather than wrestling with the complexity ...
1) The narrative was very well written, good plot and the graphics really added to the gameplay.
2) The story really played well with my character choice of Bard Triton and Druid Triton... the coastal undead basis for the adventure easily incorporated into my character design as the Bard Triton joined the College of Swords and the Druid Triton joined the Circle of Twilight then multiclassed to Sorcerer with a Shadow Origin
1) The Steam Mephit breath weapon was essentially useless due to being submerrged, giving resistance to fire... a Water Mephit would have been a better choice.
2) Introduction of a Legendary Magic Item (Iron Flask) was way overkill for a Tier 1 adventure and unnecessary.
3) Introduction of a Very Rare Magic Item (Ring of Shooting Stars) was also overkill... a better choice would be the Uncommon Magic Item > Wand of Magic Missiles @ 7 charges
4) The long rest immediately befre the final encounter was unnecessary as a full recovery made defeating the...
Interesting and well-thought-out rules for keeping around that character who died before his time.
That said, there's sufficient material and ideas here to build a compelling character from scratch - no need to kill off your character to play this class!
I've had a fun experience so far, and I continue to look forward to bolstering my allies and bothering my enemies as any good ephemeral spirit should!