I received a complementary copy of this product for the purpose of review, but always strive for honest assessments.
The full review, which includes an in-depth exploration of the book including a look at every one of the 40 creatures, can be found at the following location:
If you don't have time for that, then here are the highlights:
- It's great value for the amount of content you get!
- Some of the creatures don't feel like they make best use of the book's format, but even in these cases they're still fun monsters. There's only a couple that I'd probably not use.
- The adversaries are distributed well across the CR range.
- It contains lots of fun treasures and other rewards, not just monsters.
- I wasn't keen on a a handful of design choices - chiefly the font used for headings and the contents page.
- It has a useful index.
- DMs who like collecting bestiaries should consider it a no-brainer!
[4 of 5 Stars!]