- The writing throughout the adventure is evocative and immersive.
- Richly thematic random encounters that are more than just monster attacks.
- World map and isometric dungeon maps look fantastic.
- Several unique, interesting monster stat blocks, magic items, and new tables for more thematic trinkets and wild magic.
- A selection of suitably epic ending climaxes to choose from.
- No separate grid-based battle maps.
- More a series of locations and events than an overarching narrative.
THE VERDICT: WHILE IT USES ITS FAIR SHARE OF CLASSIC HORROR TROPES, “WIDOW’S PEAK” BREATHES FRESH SALTY SEA AIR INTO THE GENRE BY PROVIDING A MINI-WORLD OF HORROR TO EXPLORE.
Full Review: https://roguewatson.com/2018/09/26/dms-guild-rev-
Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBte5pMvU78
[4 of 5 Stars!]