- Well-written and a fun read – even if you never run the adventure!
- Organized like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel, turning to different sections depending on the player’s decisions.
- Despite the linearity, the PC is given several good options and outcomes to help shape the story.
- Lacks an official magical stat block for the Executioner’s Sword, which is an otherwise cool magic item rewarded to PCs at the end.
- No maps, although there’s not a lot of combat. You could feasibly complete the adventure without fighting at all.
THE VERDICT: FOCUSING ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY ON STORY, “THE EXECUTIONER’S DAUGHTER PROVIDES A SHORT BUT SATISFYING SOLO ADVENTURE, AND ALSO DOUBLES AS A NICE SHORT STORY.
Full Review: https://roguewatson.com/2018/08/28-
Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HOCRV_BpKk
[4 of 5 Stars!]