I ran this at a convention and we had fun with it, although I definitely recommend running this when you aren't on a time crunch. I had to cut short the roleplay opportunities in Orașnou and with the elves, which was disappointing because RP is my favorite part of gameplay.
- Having choices for the encounters in part 2 allows tailoring the module to the group you're running for and the time you have available.
- Great atmosphere throughout. Players who were unfamiliar with Barovia got caught up in the ominous weather / unsettling landscape.
- The adjustments for a very strong party in the final encounter work well. Having to save against exhaustion every round made the situation much more dire once half the party took a level or three. If you want to challenge your players, I suggest leaving Alina's stats alone and just inserting the creeping and exhausting fog.
- Module is difficult to run within a 2-hour time frame. It's doable, but it's tough.
- Although the handwritten appearance of the player handout is nice, it's difficult to read.
- Maps for the encounters in part 2 would have been helpful.
[4 of 5 Stars!]