This mod is a bit disappointing, to be honest. It has so much promise.
- If you don't use Bonus Objective A, then the transition into Episode 2 is very clunky.
- It has several rooms that it doesn't mention how they connect together at all. It could use a diagram of the complex, if not a full-blown map,
Call to Action
The Call to Action sets a great tone - but doesn't tell you anything about the quest giver, except that she used to be a cultist. Who she is now, or why she's hiring the adventurers, or why they should be interested in the quest - nothing. The NPC section doesn't really give you any additional information on her.
- This is actually my favorite part of the adventure
- It tells you what people are present, lays out the scene, and exceutes it well. Plus, this is a solid combat.
- This Episode very much just dumps you in a room with no setup, no motives, no... nothing.
- Cool. Hierophant Lucratsio - what is he?
- Is anyone else in the room with him? The adjustments talk about upgrading the "faithful to cultists." The faithful are never mentioned, nor what they are!
- The redeeming quality is that this is probably the one room that is actually well-described.
- Minor Typo - the last line says that when they defeat the encounter to "proceed to Episode 6"
- Tiny paragraph that doesn't go over well.
- Where is the Unlock encountered or given???
Bonus Objective A
- There are pieces in the room described (altar / door), but the room itself is never described. You don't actually know that there are other people in the room until the last paragraph.
- The door puzzle is not described well. Thankfully the associated document helps the DM - but how are the players supposed to know what the Thayans worship and what their slaves worship - or why either is important?
- In two different places, it describes the inscription on the altar - and they're different.
- Also, this is about a 15 minute bonus objective, while B is easily 2+ hours of content if you do it all.
Bonus Objective B
- Really needs a map to run this. The rest you can get by without, but this, not so much.
- Scene A - run the Optional Best in Show this is amazing
- Scene B - pretty straitforward
- Scene C - same
- Playing the Pillars - Seems to give all kinds of hints as to stuff that's going on in this area, but nothing is fleshed out. If you defeat the Dao ro the Efreeti, the other claims victory... Is there a conflict? Are they otherwise preventing the characters from reaching the worship chamber?
This adventure actually has a lot of good flavor in it, and it could be a great adventure. It just feels like notes that the author took down, but is relying on their own, personal knowledge of the adventure to fill in all the gaps. If the presentation of this information can be fixed, this will be incredible.