- 11 mini-dungeon crawls (with full color grid maps!) that can be easily dropped into any larger dungeon or underground area.
- Level scaling for every combat encounter.
- The UWPS is a hilarious idea with lots of fun role-playing opportunities.
- Off Two Minds, The Hunger of Abbathor, Abandoned Atelier, and the Cathedral of Bones are all stellar monster lairs.
- Lacks separate player maps.
- Several themes and enemy types overlap, particularly the mind-controlling illithids and aboleths.
- Few actual ties to Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
- Requires Volo’s Guide to Monsters, Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes and Tomb of Annihilation to use every monster stat block, with no alternative suggestions.
THE VERDICT: WHILE IT MOSTLY LACKS MEANINGFUL TIES TO DUNGEON OF THE MAD MAGE, “UNDERMOUNTAIN: THE LOST CHAMBERS” DOES FEATURE SEVERAL SOLID MINI-MODULAR MONSTER LAIRS FOR ANY UNDERGROUND AREA.
Full review: https://roguewatson.com/2018/12/19/dms-guild-review-undermountain-the-lost-chambers/
Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2Wp0uECLs