It is good. Why? Because my players had fun with a short adventure. I had no time to make a story of my own so I purchased it and played the next day with little to no time to prepare but I managed to deliver. It's relatively easy to use and it has a nice story. I would like more gore and spookiness to it but overall it was in tune with the Halloween season.
Here are my points of view on The Blood Harvest:
- Tone of voice and design: 4/5 quite close to the one used in the official books.
- Monsters & encounters: 3/5 the story's monsters have no pictures and they're quite op with little explanation as to why. The ghoul encounter in particular has a pretty determined result with little to none alternatives.
- Story: 3/5 it could have a lot more details and creepiness, especially in the gore parts since it was a Halloween story.
- Creative flexibility: 4/5 the different routes & endings give a somewhat incomplete feeling in some cases but, other than the encounter stated above, were really fun to work on.
- Technicalities: 4/5 it does need proofreading, maps could go in between pages instead of the end for better use.
Overall, a 3, 6 /5 to be exact but, in favor of the authors, a 4, I look forward to their next work.