Forgotten Realms Archetypes: Savagery & Shadow presents eleven* new subclasses as well as new races and subraces, complete rules and roleplaying guidance for lycanthrope player characters, new monsters, new feats, setting lore, and more for the Tales of the Yawning Portal storyline and other 5th Edition D&D games set in the Forgotten Realms and beyond. These options are designed to fit seamlessly into the Sword Coast, Moonsea, and other Realms of Faerûn, yet be playable in any setting. Each includes not just rules, but detailed descriptions and setting material to help you or your players role-play these new character types to the hilt. Click the preview to see the whole table of content, setting info and rules for one entire new race, Realmslore for lycanthropes, shifters, and their weretouched kin, and more!
Now available for a temporary sale price of $8.95, which includes all the added bonus content as well as all new content to come! A new archetype and spells have already been added based on prior sales, and this living document will continue to grow and improve based on your feedback!
- New Class Archetypes include:
- *NEWLY ADDED: New Martial Archetype: Thayan Knight. Shaped into the ultimate guardians by the Red Wizards of Thay, these fighters are adept at fighting alongside spellcaster allies, and possess iron wills hardened by the horrors of their homeland;
- New Primal Path: Path of the Flamewarden. Barbarians who hunt werebeasts by channeling their rage into mastery of primal fire;
- New Bard College: College of the Fates. Finding the shadows of destiny in random events, these gamblers and seers master the power of luck and seek to control fate itself;
- New Monastic Tradition: Way of the Incarnate Ancestor. These monks never fight alone, drawing on the knowledge of their past lives and summoning ancestral spirits to fight at their sides;
- New Ranger Archetype: Moonstalker. Unleashing the savagery, speed, and frightening fury of their lycanthropic heritage, this conclave of rangers defends the wild with power and swiftness no civilized foe can match.
- New Sorcerous Origin: Abjurant Champion. Combining the legacy of powerful abjuration magic with mastery of arms and armor, these martial sorcerers protect themselves and their companions by any means necessary;
- New Sorcerous Origin: Darkmoon Theurge. The heavenly shadows that portended their birth give these kin to lycanthropes primal battle prowess and an ancestral tie to the Ethereal Plane;
- New Otherworldly Patron: The Benighted City. Warlocks draw on this living city of the Shadowfell to thrive in civilization's darkest corners.
- And more class and character options including: 8 new Eldritch Invocations for warlocks as well as cleric, druid, and wizard archetypes adapted from the author's previous works.
- New Races and Subraces include:
- Shades. These masters of stealth exist on the border between life and death, attaining dark power through their own ambition or by the forbidden rituals of the fallen City of Shade. Includes two subraces, including the eldritch Netherese shades.
- Shifters. Weretouched humans shaped by their lycanthropic ancestry the way tieflings were changed by the taint of fiends, shifters draw on their bestial heritage to become the ultimate survivors. Includes ten subraces from the canon of prior editions, from the deadly longtooth and razorclaw shifters to the shamanic dreamsight shifters and airborn swiftwings.
- Elven Subraces. The demonic fey'ri and the shapeshifting lythari.
- New rules for player character werebeasts include: Feats to control the lycanthropic curse, details on the offspring of lycanthropes and other creatures, setting and roleplaying guidelines, details on werecreatures' myths and cultures, and more.
- New monstrous lycanthropes include: The unknowable wereserpents and the tragic, rage-filled werebadgers.
- Setting info includes: Updated details on areas of the Realms not yet described for 5th Edition, including the Durpar and the Shining Lands, the vanishing werebeast stronghold of Vehlarr, the lost flying city of Thultanthar, the wild dominions of the People of the Black Blood, and more.
- New feats, backgrounds, warlock pact options, newly added cantrips, and more!
A content-packed resource for players and DM's alike Forgotten Realms Archetypes: Savagery & Shadow is a must-have for any game set in the Realms, or any other campaign featuring the eldritch powers of shadow and the horrific curse of lycanthropy, as well as a sinister treasure trove of darkly unique characters, monsters, and magic for any D&D 5th Edition game.
If you enjoy this product, please check out other DM's Guild titles by the same author.
If you think this product could be improved, please Review or at least leave a comment-- all input is read and considered, and could show up in a newer version of the product!
Ver 1.2 - Adds new martial archetype for fighters (the Thayan Knight), adds related cantrips, fixes typos, clarifies descriptive language, and makes the following changes based on playtest input: adding racial trait to fey'ri related to fire damage; minor mechanical changes to Cliffwalk Shifter traits; alters and renames warding ability of Abjurant Champion; alters Circle of the Solstice to make natural weapons in Wild Shape froms more useful with it.