Ravenloft Archetypes II: The Core Domains Adventurer’s Guide aims to do everything for Ravenloft that the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide did for the Forgotten Realms, providing all the setting, story, and character options needed to portray brave adventurers facing ultimate evil in D&D's classic Gothic setting of high adventure-- including 20* new class archetypes, 13* new subraces/race variants, a new class, a new race, 56* new spells, new feats, new magic items, and detailed descriptions for Domains of Dread beyond the borders of Barovia. Click the preview to see the whole table of contents and more!
Now available for $9.99, which includes all the added bonus content as well as all new content to come! This living document will continue to grow and improve based on your feedback, and has just added new race options as a thank you for bringing us to the Platinum sales level!
- New Class Archetypes include: Barbarians whose rage is not merely primal instinct, but the unleashing of a dark alter ego; warlocks who weave eldritch cloaks of primordial gloom; druids who summon ancestral spirits and allow them to possess their flesh; clerics of hunting goddsses and gods as well-known for their bow-arms as their healing hands; paladins who swear an Oath of Defiance, waging shadowy private wars against tyranny; and rangers who rise up from black lagoons and cyclopean depths to bring nature's fury to their enemies; and many more.
- New Race Options include: Tieflings tainted by Domains of Dread rather than fires of Hell; wild halflings made savage by apocalyptic wastelands; the half-orc-like calibans, born of humans but twisted by a fell curse; humans forever marked by their bloodlines and upbringing; and many more.
- New Spells include: Cantrips that defy the law of gravity; divinations that extract omens of danger from the fragments of corpses; transmutations that unlesh your inner beast; enchantments that infect another's mind with your darkest thoughts; and more.
- Dread Domains described in detail include: The fey-haunted realm of Tepest, caught up in witch-hunting hysteria; Lamordia, a godless land of mad science and living constructs; the lying dreams of an infamous death knight transformed into a waking nightmare of relentless truth in Sithicus; and many more.
- New feats, revealed secret societies, unearthly faiths and cults, additional lore and history of Strahd's domain of Barovia, an overview of Ravenloft and the Dark Powers who rule it, magic items, and a completely new class-- the Metaphysician.
Ravenloft Archetypes II: The Core Domains Adventurer’s Guide provides a broad look at the continent called the Core (which includes Barovia and the most classic domains), along with a general overview of the entire setting, a primer on the nature and metaphysical rules of all the Domains of Dread, details on history and religion along with a special section for using this document with Curse of Strahd, a curated gazetteer of the Core as a region, with special emphasis on 12* of its domains (including Barovia), specifics on how the D&D races and classes fit into Ravenloft, all the rules necessary to portray members of eight conspiring secret societies, and even a warped new take on familiars.
* = These numbers have gone up since the game was first released, as new content was added to this living document that will grow as new sales levels are achieved.
A content-packed resource for players and DM's alike, Ravenloft Archetypes II: The Core Domains Adventurer’s Guide is a must-have for campaigns set in Barovia or any of the other Dread Domains of Ravenloft, and a sinister treasure trove of darkly unique characters, setting information, secret societies, and magic for any D&D 5th Edition game.
If you enjoy this product, please check out other DM's Guild titles by the same author.
If you think this product could be improved, please Review or at least leave a comment-- all input is read and considered, and could show up in a newer version of the product!
Ver1.4: Add new Fighter archetype (the Lamplighter) and re-distilled PDF of printer-friendly version to resolve downloading error.
Ver1.3: Added 5 new variant options for humans (since Ravenloft is such a human-dominated setting) based on humans shaped by their history and ancestry; and addressed various typos.
Ver1.2: Added 12 pages of new content including new domain info, 2 new archetypes, a new fighting style, and new equipment (see the new Appendix B, at the end). Also corrected numerous typos and unclear bits of text, added 6 new spells (including the two previously missing that were referred to under the Way of the Five Deadly Venoms monk) and used playtest input and customer feedback on social media to adjust the Circle of Spirits druid and Hunting domain cleric.
Download Note: Now includes a printer-friendly version, as well as the regular, full-color file optimized for on-screen viewing.
Cover art by NeocoreGames (NeocoreGames) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons